View Single Post
Old 11-10-2013, 10:22 AM   #22
Mjölnir
Blunt instrument

Default Re: Fan Review Thread SPOILERS INSIDE - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
So does Batman. They all break all kinds of laws of physics. Same with Hulk. But they make them plausible, which is what is most important in this regard imo.
How can something that breaks many more laws of physics more often be as plausible as something that does it less?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
That she reaches the super hidden Aether as a reason for Thor to pick her up is my point. There was no need to have the Aether infect anyone. They after all wrote the laws of it. Jane is infected as pure plot convenience.
I've already said it is a plot convenience from the start of the discussion so you don't have keep trying to convince me of that.

The Aether will always be found by a plot convenience. It's hidden and the writers need to get it out in the open for there to be a story. It would be just as convenient if instead the dark elves just happened to come back and be able to find it. The Aether didn't needed to be taken to Asgard either, the writers likely just thought that it would be cool to have an invasion of Asgard by the dark elves, as well as some interaction in Asgard regarding the Aether as well as Jane, and needed a reason for them to do so.

If we go to that level you can break down most things like this. I don't see anything out of the ordinary about that Jane meets Thor, he goes away, she starts looking for him, her research puts her in danger causing Thor, who's had to stay away, to act. How does that differ from stories in Thor comics?

Last edited by Mjölnir; 11-10-2013 at 10:36 AM.
Mjölnir is online now   Reply With Quote