View Single Post
Old 11-10-2013, 12:58 PM   #107
fantasymoon
Newbie First Class

Default Re: What did you like about T:TDW?

Strong spoilers below

Singing Mal's praises since it seems someone has to

-Malekith- I liked him.He and Kurse were what I have been waiting for in a villain (sorry loki). They were deliciously intimidating and menacing.
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
They killed Thor's family. That's how I like my bad guys make it coldly personal.
They both didn't have much depth, but they had a tension filled presence when they were on screen and I loved it.

When Mal
threw that grenade at Odin's throne
just for ****s and giggles. I chuckled. So petty. Loved it.

The dark elf language. They could have spoken like that the entire movie and I wouldn't have minded at all. I also liked how demonic Mal sounded when he spoke normally as well.

Overall I loved what I saw of him. All stronger characterization is going to do for me is make me like him even more.

The
transformation into a kurse
was very deliciously creepy and just wrong looking. Loved it.

-Blackhole grenades. Very creative

-Frigga was badass.
I loved her confrontation with Mal. Their dialogue to one another and the fight scene
was exquisite.

-Loki- Overall I liked the character yet again and he is the sole reason I went to the theater to see this. I saw Thor and the Avengers on netflix. He has such a strong presence that the screen feels empty when he isn't on it. His overall characterization and agency felt more at home here. Like this is the real continuation of Loki from Thor 1 instead of that pathetic comedic mess he was written as in the avengers.

This movie just proved to me yet again that Loki is treated better as a character in the Thor movies. Also on a shallow note good lord is Loki attractive. I mean I've always thought so since the first Thor, but damn.

Even though from a writing standpoint I preferred him to stay dead I must admit I smiled when he showed himself at the end sitting on the throne of asgard as king once more. The trickster has out tricked everyone once again. For now.

-No love triangle crap

-Asgard was beautiful. I liked it in the first one as well, but it looked more lived in here.

-Graphics were gorgeous. Especially loved how the aerther looked and how badass mal used it.

-
Jane’s creepy eyes.

-Misplaced comedy aside I enjoyed the final battle. Couldn't tell you exactly what was happening but it at least was pretty and badass.

-Jane actually had a point in the end.

-Thor was more mature here. I like him, but I always have since the first.

Although playful Thor wins to.
Even though loki's illusions were amusing it was Thor's cheeky laugh and dialogue, after he handcuffed loki, that stole that scene for me.

-Movie hit its stride when Thor and Loki were together. They play so well off each other. Great chemistry.

-Acting overall was good.

-I loved the ending credit artwork.

Last edited by fantasymoon; 11-10-2013 at 03:15 PM.
fantasymoon is offline   Reply With Quote