View Single Post
Old 11-10-2013, 02:02 PM   #792
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread

I enjoyed today's triple header, 3 tight games.

Newcastle defended well and Loic Remy is sharp in front of goal, but I've been very disappointed with Spurs attacking play this season, so lackluster.

Great performance from Sunderland to get 3 vital points. Poyet has the team organized and Brown, Ki and Bardsley were all excellent today. City had some good possession on the right in the 2nd half but didn't really create a clear cut chance.

Even game between United and Arsenal, not an awful lot created by either side. I felt we defended well with Jones and Evans both having good games, and Rooney was relentless in chasing down the ball, to the point he was lucky with not getting a yellow sooner. I thought Ozil and Ramsey were off the pace today, just not the fluid combo they've been so far this season. Pleased with the 3 points, things are really congested at the top now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
Also on Madrid-watch Real get another 5 goals and Ronaldo gets yet another hat trick.

That's 9 goals in 4 games!
He's an absolute goal scoring machine, just incredible, doesn't get the respect he deserves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Van Petrol View Post
didn't like the United fans making the 'cheating' chant towards us when Sneezy was down with a suspected head injury.
In fairness that only started because Jones was booked and then Schesney got up and fans decided to put 2 and 2 together to get 5.

Quote:
As far as the title race goes, we ain't winning it, that's for sure.
I don't see why not, no team is truly looking like they will run away with it right now, I think you'll be in the mix, but you're right, you need a top striker, Giroud's a good guy to have in your 18 but his limitations were seen today.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"