View Single Post
Old 11-10-2013, 02:24 PM   #793
Van Petrol
Vacant

Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
In fairness that only started because Jones was booked and then Schesney got up and fans decided to put 2 and 2 together to get 5.
I've seen that idotic chant towards us so many times over the years, many times when our players have been taken out and legit injured, so I guess as soon as I hear that chant, I see red. Fans don't seem to have any ingenuity to think up anything new or more akin to the cicumstance, just recycle an old chant to look cool.

Still even if it was towards Jones' booking, they should have seen/known that Sneezy didn't look right, given the Lloris stuff, and then when one of their own goes down in a similar fashion later in the same game they should have at least understood the circumstances. The ref made the call, so how exactly was that our fault? I guess we're the bane of everything though, so it's par for the norm.

Quote:
I don't see why not, no team is truly looking like they will run away with it right now, I think you'll be in the mix, but you're right, you need a top striker, Giroud's a good guy to have in your 18 but his limitations were seen today.
We won't win it, won't even be close, imo.

On a sidenote, as soon as they announced the BFG was out, I knew we were done for, and I was right.