View Single Post
Old 11-10-2013, 02:40 PM   #83
Octoberist
point blank

Default Re: Fan Review Thread SPOILERS INSIDE - Part 2

8 of out 10

I liked it but yes, it felt like a film that went through several edits, making the pace somewhat choppy. Including the prologue right before the titles appear, it felt awkward..as if there were more to show but they left it out.

GOOD:

-Overall the acting is great especially with Tom and Chris.

-Asgard is fully realized here. A world of magic and science merged, and creates its own look.

THE SO SO

-The Cinematography was uneven, and it could be due to the handling of the Red Epic digital cameras. Sometimes certain scenes are too dark; and certain scenes look like video. I blasted Iron Man 3's cinematography for being dreary but at least it was consistent.

-I didn't mind the humor but I wish someone with a comedic background would punch up the script. There are some really good jokes in here, and some really meh ones too. I love Kat Dennings but I wish she was a character and not a walking gag-machine. Give her a small arc next time.

BAD:

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
-Frigga's death and the after math was poorly done. Yes I agree Thor's reaction was odd and apathetic.

-Once Thor and Loki are being chased by the Asgardians, it DID feel like the Star Wars prequels. Where it's a CGI overload and I felt…numb. But I really don't know how else they could've done it..maybe if given more time, it would've looked more polished?

-The main villain was so underwritten. Even if your villain is the silent type, make him scary and I'm sorry to say, the 8th Doctor was more threatening as Destro.

-The total wasted potential of a Sif love triangle. Stop teasing us with that, and get to it.

Last edited by Octoberist; 11-10-2013 at 04:25 PM.
Octoberist is offline   Reply With Quote