View Single Post
Old 11-10-2013, 02:41 PM   #794
B
[insert witty comment]

Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread

Good games today ending with United vs Arsenal. Good tight game, not a lot of clear cut chances, but I felt we were good for the win. In fact I didn't think Arsenal really woke up until the final 10 minutes or so of the game.

We had a good organised defensive plan which was mentioned by Neville. Evra & Smalling were left to deal with any overlapping fullbacks & Valencia/Kagawa tucked infield a little to prevent the likes of Cazorla, Ozil & Ramsey from cutting inside when they were out wide with possession. That pretty much nullified all of Arsenal's attacks as they couldn't get any space to feed Giroud who had next to no success today against Evans/Vidic/Jones.

Jones looked like he could have an important role in big games like that in midfield. Somewhat similar to how he was deployed against Ronaldo/Madrid. The clash of heads he had with Szczesny was crazy bad, in fact I actually thought it looked worse than Vidic's clash with Giroud/De Gea. Booking Jones was foolishness on the referees part & I hope it's not the sort of stance all referees will take against similar challenges.. otherwise we might as well just make football even more of a non-contact sport than it already is.

Hopefully some of United's critics both fans & non-fans will no realise just how difficult a start we had to the season & how pretty it currently sits for us. We've played arguably all of the teams that you would consider serious title contenders in the first half of the season. We find ourselves ahead of City, a point behind Chelsea, 3 behind Liverpool & 5 behind Arsenal.. all of which still have games against each other. In our next 6 games, I would like to see us claim 12 points or more to set us up for the 2nd half of the season & title run in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bapi View Post
A clear dive by Ramires. I rated him above that sort of stuff & my opinion of him has dropped drastically because of that blatant dive.