View Single Post
Old 11-10-2013, 04:40 PM   #94
seahammer
Side-Kick

Default Re: Fan Review Thread SPOILERS INSIDE - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
^ Spoilers so don't read further if you have not seen the film

We needed to see more facial reaction shots to her death. They should have lingered on his and Odin's faces for much longer than they did. As it is we just see one quick burst of anger from Thor, and one short shot of Odin laying over her body. Then they immediately cut right to the funeral.

I don't know what you're talking about with the funeral scene though. He did not look sad at all. Sif looked sadder than he did. And Odin showed no emotion as well. Then later when he asks Odin to take Jane offworld to stop Malekith, there's no sense of real sadness or anger over her death either. He's way too calm when his emotions should be much more raw. I didn't think his reaction to Loki's death was that great either, but at least it looked like he was upset there.

Basically, we just needed more time devoted to it. Of course it also didn't help that he literally only shared about 6 lines with Frigga from both movies combined!
Well, Thor and Odin are warriors and nobility. They wouldn't be bawling, or rending their clothes, or anything like that, once their initial reaction is over. Humans in the Earth military are taught to compartmentalize their feelings so they can focus on the task at hand, so I'm sure gods of Asgard (the King and the Prince, no less), can do the same.

And there is time devoted to the aftermath of Frigga's death.

Either way, we can agree to disagree. Thanks for the thoughtful and snark-free response, Saturius. Cheers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Sexton View Post
There was nothing wrong with how Frigga's death was handled. It was one of the longest sequences in the whole film. Beautiful to look at btw.

What's embarrassing were the early reviews on here acting like they blew over it in five seconds.
Thank you, Rock, this is how I feel too.

Read my Thor 3 plot pitch
seahammer is offline   Reply With Quote