View Single Post
Old 11-10-2013, 05:59 PM   #110
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Default Re: Fan Review Thread SPOILERS INSIDE - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Sexton View Post
There was nothing wrong with how Frigga's death was handled. It was one of the longest sequences in the whole film. Beautiful to look at btw.

What's embarrassing were the early reviews on here acting like they blew over it in five seconds.
The problem I had with it was you barely get to know Frigga, and then they act like her death matters a great deal in the funeral scene. But then no one seems to care outside of Loki. Odin is a little grumpy, but there is no real reflection, no real attempt to grasp the idea of losing someone you have known for hundreds, for thousands of years. Thor doesn't seem to care his mother died or his brother died. He cares more about Jane's potential date. The film doesn't seem to care as it is too busy cracking the jokes as the universe is about to go out.

And they of course follow up the funeral scene with the Stan cameo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tay1 View Post
The most common complaints are the villain and humor and I'm fine with that. But when people are complaining about things like Jane finding the aether is ridiculous to me.
It is a part of the overall criticism of the writing and how lazy it is overall.