View Single Post
Old 11-11-2013, 05:25 AM   #720
DA_Champion
Side-Kick

Default Re: Thor 2: Rotten Tomato Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnaroknroll View Post
Why is this a dumb movie? Because it made you laugh?
It wasn't dumb because it made me laugh -- it was dumb because it tried to make me laugh and just irritated me at the horrible failure.

For many of us, underwear jokes were not funny in Spawn, they were not funny in Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen, and they were not funny in Thor: The Dark World. Most of the jokes were flat out dumb... e.g. "Can I have my shoe back?" There were a few jokes that worked, but they were outweighed by the ones that didn't.

The opening sequence of the volcanic wasteland world was weak. It didn't immerse me, which an opening sequence should be able to. They also lacked imagination in creating an alien world.

Aside from that, the whole plot is based on a red mist that reminds me of Galactus and Parallax, Malekite is a weak villain, Jane/Selvig controlling the portals at the end doesn't make sense, the politics os Asgard is potentially interesting but completely brushed over, and there is the plot hole of a defeated Malekite laying waste to the capital of Asgard within a few moments of waking up from a 5,000 year slumber.

The second after the credits sequence, where Thor meets Jane back on Earth, should have been before the credits. The romantic comedy is one of the few aspects of this movie that worked well, and they put it as the second after the credits scene, which to me shows they didn't get their own movie.

DA_Champion is offline   Reply With Quote