View Single Post
Old 11-11-2013, 09:38 AM   #112
blumatic
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Double Standards Against Superman

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefuldreamer View Post
Just to be clear, I have no problem with Superman making that decision.

I just have a problem with how it was presented within the context of the movie, and on a personal level, that they decided to write it that he had to make that decision at all.

And that is all nothing to do with holding Superman himself to a double standard.

It's just expecting a higher quality of storytelling, especially when dealing with something I consider such a huge deal.
I'm not just talking about the killing. I'm talking the destruction he caused in Smallville and Metropolis.

I find it nearly impossible to was any kind of Superman motion picture without any preconceived notions.

We don't go into a CBM film saying "This looks interesting let's take a look". It's more "I can't wait to see what I know of the character on screen".

And I understand if people may not like the film because of taste. I just don't like it when people say "That's not Superman"

Why can't Superman go through what that character went through in MOS.

I'm not calling MOS a perfect film. I have a big problem on how they killed off Jonathan Kent. Because in any movie and any situation a person with the ability to save his father would do it. Other than that anything else that Kal did, you can see anyone else doing.

The most thing you can ask for a character is that their heart is in the right place.

For me personally, I don't expect much from origins. I look for them to find their calling and move on from their. It's th the second film where my expectations heighten because I expect growth of the character.

But that may not matter with WB forcing this quasi justice League film and leaving the growth of Kal stunted.

blumatic is offline   Reply With Quote