View Single Post
Old 11-11-2013, 10:22 AM   #116
blumatic
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Double Standards Against Superman

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefuldreamer View Post
No i'm saying I would have preferred it if the creative team had not DECIDED to go with a plot that ended with Superman having to make that decision.

But I would have been 'okay' with Goyer/Snyders CHOICE to have Superman kill, if the final product had been quality, and the matter handled respectfully instead of dismissively and unneccesarily brutal.

I don't understand why people keep argueing the 'he didn't have a choice' arguement at all.

As though people think it's Superman himselfs fault for what happened at the end of the movie.

It's obviously not his fault It's Goyer/Snyder's fault. They made the decision.

What Superman did as a result of their choice is something that cannot be changed.
Im not sure is this post is serious. This is not disrespect to you, cause I think you're sincere.

But this post......

Isnt always the writers choice as to what happens to character.

MOS is a superhero film. Not a biopic.

Too handle the killing of Zod would need to be in another film. If Kal were to even start addressing the killing of Zod in MOS the film would need another hour for it to be addressed properly.

The Zod killing, the conversation with Swannick, and the Daily Planet scene was all done for a sequel. The topics brought up in those three things would take on another 2 hours.

blumatic is offline   Reply With Quote