11-11-2013, 10:48 AM
Join Date: Jan 2009
Re: The Official Batman TAS Thread - Part 1
BTAS Episode: Mudslide
- As in "Feat of Clay", Clayface targets Wayne Enterprises during his criminal activities, this time by robbing Wayne Biomedical. He previously attempted to help Roland Daggett acquire it through insider trading.
- Clayface refuses Batman's help to become normal again, yet by stealing the Mp40 canister from Wayne Biomedical, he unknowingly accepts it.
- The episode also contains several references to the moviemaking industry, given Clayface's background as an actor:
- Stella's surname, Bates, and past occupation is a homage to Norman Bates, the psychotic motel owner played by Anthony Perkins in Psycho. Batman mentions she once owned a motel in the past, akin to the Bates Motel, although Clayface is presented here as the psychopath and not Stella.
- When he is placed in the support suit that gives him structure, Clayface looks similar to an Oscar statuette.
- Towards the end, Clayface yells "STELLA!" a la Marlon Brando's Stanley Kowalski in the 1951 film A Streetcar Named Desire.
- The movie Stella watches, which Alfred later identifies as 'Dark Interlude' has a plot that is very similar to that of the 1939 film 'Dark Victory', starring Betty Davis
- After Clayface dissolves in the ocean, a brief outline of his remains rises to the surface, and it seems to have stopped raining. However, in the next shot, it hasn't stopped yet.
- According to Bruce Timm, the reason they did not use Clayface much is because he was too expensive to animate, as well as too difficult to come up with a good story for.
- Eric Radomski came up with the idea due to the fans demanding another Clayface episode, after the success of "Feat of Clay".
Massive Attack & Azekel | Ritual Spirit