View Single Post
Old 11-11-2013, 03:45 PM   #121
Suzanne78
I AM GROOT!

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Evil View Post
I do hope in Avengers 3, we get to see some diversity. I don't think we'll see it in this film outside of Nick Fury. Out of the other black characters introduced though in MCU (Rhodey, Falcon, Gabe Jones), Falcon has the best chance of being an Avenger in this film. I don't see it though.

I hope it's going to be Falcon, Rhodey, Black Panther or even Wasp in Avengers 3 that provides the Avengers with some much needed color, although Rashida Jones (if she becomes Janet) is mixed.
Maravel does have a diversity problem with the Avengers lineup. They need heroes of color (I'd desperately want Rhodey or Falcon or for A:AOU to introduce T'Challa! If Rashida Jones is Wasp? ) and more women heroes. Scarlet Witch is great. There's a little to critique that they're not going Eastern European/Romani for Wanda. Elizabeth Olsen is a great up-and-coming actress though, so I'm glad they found a spot for her in a Marvel film.

They really did pick a great group for Guardians though. So I do think they recognize the need for racial and gender representation in their movies.

I really hope that Marvel diversifies in Phase three. It's not a just a Marvel problem though, and I understand why they cast movies the way they have. I'm just hoping it gets better.

I'm really glad to get confirmation that Olsen is SW. I can't wait to see the official announcement for the next Phase III movies are