- The Sif/Jane relationship could have had one scene.
- Loki's death scene could have been more dramatic instead of rushed. That would have made me think "Wow, Loki is actually about to be killed off" instead of "Seriously? I know he isn't going to go out like that."
- Loki seemed to be the only person to be affected by Frigga's death. A thirty second scene with Thor and Odin would have been sufficient.
- Thor didn't seem to care too much after Loki died. Again, a scene with Jane comforting Thor would have sufficed.
- Selvig's spears were a little jarring.
- Malekith should not have had the rumored scenes cut. His villain needed to be fleshed out.
- Thor and Jane's relationship could have been fleshed out more. They were in such puppy love that it was unbelievable. They hadn't seen each other in two years and only had known each other for three days.
- A scene could have been used to explain how the Bifröst was restored. One of the best scenes of the first film was that Thor destroyed it in order to save his enemies. It was already a little sketchy how Thor returns to Earth in The Avengers
. Without any explanation, the significance of the ending of Thor
is cheapened. All that was needed was a 1 to 2 minute scene.
One may have noticed a common theme in all of my complaints. The film was under 2 hours. Honestly, an extra 10 or 15 minutes would have done wonders. I don't understand.