View Single Post
Old 11-11-2013, 11:09 PM   #117
Mr.T
Side-Kick

Default Re: SUPER UBER SPOILERMANIA: The Ending... What Does It Mean?

I viewed these scenes a little differently than what's been written here:

1. I thought Loki just turned himself back into the same guard he showed Thor when they were sneaking out of Asgard. Why else would they show him in this form earlier and allow him to converse with Thor?

2. The scene in the dungeon where he spoke with his mother was genuine because it was his mother conveying her image down there to talk with him. After all, Thor mentions Loki "had all her tricks" when they were arguing just after they hit the secret portal and landed in the world of the dark elves in the flying boat thingy. I left the film thinking Loki learned his shspeshifting and image conveying skill from Thor's mother.

This is how I saw it and will be taking the family this weekend to see it. So I'll have a better interpretation after a 2nd viewing.

As for Odin, I left thinking Odin possibly left to find Loki. The "guard" never said where they found the body, only who the body belonged to. And Odin's reaction seemed like a father concerned. Maybe I read too much into his reaction...

Last edited by Mr.T; 11-11-2013 at 11:13 PM.
Mr.T is offline   Reply With Quote