View Single Post
Old 11-12-2013, 03:11 AM   #39
Batmannerism
Side-Kick

Default Re: Man of Steel vs Thor TDW, seen 'em both, what do you folks think ? Compare/contra

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
I Instead I got the Superman movie I did not even know I wanted. It certainly was not the Superman film I would have made. Not in the least. But that did not stop me from very much appreciating what was done with the plots/themes/characters of the film. I left flabbergasted and could not wait to see it again.

Wasn't that the best feeling ? I had a very similar experience, went in with preconceived notions ( Superman can't KILL ! ) and came out wanting to see it again. Think I saw it 5 times all in all, and it got better every time.

We differ on TDW, because I really enjoyed it, not as much as MOS, but
for a superhero action film, it delivered everything I expected.

With MOS I got way more than I bargained for - a whole new vision of Superman, and boy can't wait to see more, roll on SM/BM (and fingers crossed they don't **** it up, because MOS has to be the greatest reboot ever,
possibly more so than Iron Man -which I loved- and the Nolan Bat-films, which were brilliant. The only reason I say this, is that Batman and Iron Man are at least somewhat plausible in today's reality-conscious audience's minds. Whereas Superman is a totally unbelievable character, so to make him fit in to a realistic cinematic world is an immense achievement in storytelling.

Anyway, yeah, a great feeling - can't believe people came out feeling glum- what were they watching ?

Batmannerism is offline   Reply With Quote