View Single Post
Old 11-12-2013, 04:12 AM   #41
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Default Re: Man of Steel vs Thor TDW, seen 'em both, what do you folks think ? Compare/contra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batmannerism View Post
Wasn't that the best feeling ? I had a very similar experience, went in with preconceived notions ( Superman can't KILL ! ) and came out wanting to see it again. Think I saw it 5 times all in all, and it got better every time.

We differ on TDW, because I really enjoyed it, not as much as MOS, but
for a superhero action film, it delivered everything I expected.

With MOS I got way more than I bargained for - a whole new vision of Superman, and boy can't wait to see more, roll on SM/BM (and fingers crossed they don't **** it up, because MOS has to be the greatest reboot ever,
possibly more so than Iron Man -which I loved- and the Nolan Bat-films, which were brilliant. The only reason I say this, is that Batman and Iron Man are at least somewhat plausible in today's reality-conscious audience's minds. Whereas Superman is a totally unbelievable character, so to make him fit in to a realistic cinematic world is an immense achievement in storytelling.

Anyway, yeah, a great feeling - can't believe people came out feeling glum- what were they watching ?

Sorry. I wish I could be with you on TDW... I just can't. I was genuinely depressed when I cam out of the theatre. But in each life a little rain, yadda, yadda.

Yeah, the feeling I got when walking out of MOS was a bit like getting off of a rollercoaster. I often do the ARCHER joke of using the word "figuratively" where most people use the wprd literally. Not this time. I LITERALLY had my mouth and jaw open from the moment we pull back to see the strange alien animals grazing on Krypton to Lois' clever wordplay at the end. Hopefully I will have a tenth of that when I FINALLY get my Blu Ray later today.

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
KRYPTON INC. is offline   Reply With Quote