View Single Post
Old 11-12-2013, 02:40 PM   #43
DChero
Out of Work Superhero

Default Re: Man of Steel vs Thor TDW, seen 'em both, what do you folks think ? Compare/contra

After seeing Thor 2 over the weekend and Man of Steel again last night, I'm ready to add to this.

I'll be honest, I'm too big of a Superman fan for Thor to have a chance, but both were great movies. I acknowledge my bias, heh.

I thought that Thor 2 did a great job of reminding what I really like about the Marvel universe, it's charm. Loki is the best villain that I've seen in a Marvel movie since Dock Ock. Unfortunately the threat level didn't feel "real" because the villain didn't seem to have any connection to the audience or main cast. I guess what I'm trying to say is that never during the movie did I have think that the main characters were in any danger. That's really the only big critique that I have for Thor 2, which was a really fun movie beyond that.

Man of Steel's issues were with pacing, but I only noticed them in my initial viewing, so maybe they weren't even that bad. When Zod and friends came to Earth there was a legitimate sense of danger that I felt, which really made the action come to life.

So to me these were two fantastic movies. Man of Steel is now my favorite origin movie ever and Thor 2 is has completely made up for my disappointment in Iron Man 3.