View Single Post
Old 11-12-2013, 08:43 PM   #77
Jekecy
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Batsuit Thread - Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astro13Zombie View Post
Simply because this movie is set in a more fantastic world than the Nolan movies and I want that to be shown even in batman's gadget arsenal.
I wouldn't want them to be something he uses regularly...just in situations like we're seeing in that gif.
I'm not talking shark repellent spray or anything,but I want him to seem like he has a readily available tool for most every situation.

Stuff that will make people say: "where does he get those wonderful toys?"

I suppose he could just use the fins on his gauntlets though.
As I see it, the more they can implement (presumably) supernatural traits (from the criminals perspective), the better. Personally the character has always been at his most interesting the cloudier the details get with his motive. My favorite part of these films have always been how scared they were of Batman, primarily because they didn't know what they were dealing with. It was like the adult version of the Boogeyman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru View Post
I prefer no claws. They would be too remissive of the whole "angry growly animal" take that was done already in live-action. I would like the new Batman to have a more detective calculative style to him and the claws wouldn't fit that.
I don't know why you would single out claws here, as you might as well excise the entire Bat-Man presentation altogether. His garish design choices have never conflicted with his more private and subtle traits. They are part of his persona.