Thread: "Joyless" ?
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2013, 09:06 PM   #94
Senator Pleasury
Banned User

Default Re: "Joyless" ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blumatic View Post
I agree with with Pa Kent dying. Its very unreasonable the Clark didnt save him. That whole idea shouldnt have existed. I dont think Pa Kent should have died at all. Maybe in the second film. I dont think Pa Kent's death does anything significant to Superman's legacy.

Quote:
As opposed to being Superman, he's not. Not yet. And listening to interviews they never say Superman. They call him Kal. Snyder, Cavill, Shannon, Goyer, never said Superman.
Yes, I forget this concept of avoiding the superhero to be the superhero.

Quote:
I dont think we should get hung up on him not being Superman because they were other super-men there. Its really just a name given to him for reference since Kal never gives him a name to go by.
It's not "just a name." It defines him and it's given for a reason.

But once he's just one of the Kryptonians, then the whole thing loses its weight, no matter if they want to call him Superman in the second or third movie.

Quote:
They could have easily called Zod Super-D-bag and Faora SuperB---- for reference.
Or called Clark the "Fifth Kryptonian."

Quote:
In MOS, Zod wasnt out for revenge. And Returns he was mopey over a girl. Very extreme adolescent drama. MOS was dark and with sad moments but they more in the Batman Begins direction as opposed to SR.
Oh yes, we all know that only teenagers fall in love. Not men. Adults punch their problems away.

Senator Pleasury is offline   Reply With Quote