View Single Post
Old 11-13-2013, 03:38 PM   #14
Infinity9999x
Side-Kick

Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - - - - - - Part 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell2ThaIzzay View Post
Whoa who's being rude? I gave him the courtesy of a well thought out post to explain my stance and why I hate reboots and I'm being accused of being rude? My "rattling off" comment was about him naming a bunch of old movies that have been remade, it wasn't being rude towards his lengthy post.

As for that kid born in 2002, why is it so hard for that kid to pick up the dvd and watch that? Plenty of movies were made before I was born. That doesn't stop me from watching them.

And 6 of 7 movies still came out during that kid's lifetime.
Reboots are going to happen, or eventually the films are going to fall into a James Bond-like continuity that's extremely loose (which isn't that different from a reboot anyway) as the years go on. Actors are going to get too old the play the characters we're watching and they're going to have to recast, as time goes on the style of the films will change, etc. Just as the comics do.

And once that happens, it's really no different than a reboot. Though honestly, I wouldn't mind if they did that. The one thing I do agree with is that we don't need a new origin story every ten years. I would fully support a more "comic-like" story telling mind when it comes to the movies. Don't worry about continuity too much and focus on telling good stories. The general audience only really cares about continuity issues for about 5 to 10 years anyway.

my veiws on Raimi's Spider-man
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
here
just scoll down

X-men Short film:

http://vimeo.com/41530049