View Single Post
Old 11-13-2013, 05:37 PM   #41
Mjölnir
Blunt instrument

Default Re: Silver Surfer vs Thor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batmannerism View Post
Anyway, in terms of power, the Surfer's power is probably more versatile, in terms of rearranging matter, manipulating energy (can Thor practically bring someone back to life ?)
In those terms, the Surfer is more powerful.
According to Marvel's wiki Thor's energy manipulation is equal of Surfer's. As for the specific task of bringing someone back to life I don't think he can do that without the Odinforce though, which if he had that would put him way above Surfer and is not really the point of the comparison.

Thor can also affect both time and space so when looking at some more mystical effects he has those too.

Quote:
In terms of who'd win in a fight (yes, I know this thread is "who's more powerful" but we all are thinking this anyway).....
The thread actually is about who wins in a fight.

Quote:
Much like Hulk v Thor, I think it depends on territorial advantage.
If the fight happens in space, or a hostile alien environment, the Surfer wins, no question.

If the fight happens on Earth's surface or within the atmosphere, Thor has a big advantage, and given his fighting skills and weather powers, could take the Surfer down.
They mainly have fought in space and environment unlike Earth. Surfer has never been able to win.

Thor also don't actually need an atmosphere to create his weather effects. In the recent God-Butcher arc he (it's even his young self, before he's deemed worthy) summons a rain of fire on a moon where there's no water. He's done similar things before as well.

Quote:
Like I said though, I'm not up with who's power is where, it seems like writers change hero's power levels all the time ( I'm a Superman fan, so I'm used to this), which is annoying but understandable.
Yes, the power levels definitely change a lot from writer to writer. Even in comics that are going on simultaneously. Thor didn't come off very strong in the Avengers Assemble first arc, being knocked out in one blow a couple of times, while in Thor: God of Thunder he's very powerful and actually absorbed energy meant to kill every god in every point in time.

Mjölnir is offline   Reply With Quote