View Single Post
Old 11-13-2013, 08:14 PM   #55
Infinity9999x
Side-Kick

Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - - - - - - Part 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyclopsWasRight View Post
^ Great Post and Point

The problem i see with Rebooting, other than giving up the steller cast is that pretty much all other Reboots have come a good while after their predessors.

Batman rebooted after 8 years of absense. Captain America 21 years later, Superman 8 years later (if you count Returns) and Spider-Man 7 years after SM3. And outside of CBM all have been around a decade or more before reboots

Fox could only wait around 4 to 5 years max, which would be a bit soon imo.

I think a soft reboot that skews the FC cast into an alternate timeline would be best. Those are quite new actors to the role and were great in FC and would have freedom to re-introduce younger versions of the big characters which is essentially a reboot
The only issue I have with reboots is when they re-tread material that doesn't really need to be covered again. I've only really seen that once; in TASM. Now, I liked TASM much better than all previous Spidey films, but the one annoying thing to me was that they felt the need to re-do the origin story, and the origin wasn't different enough for me to feel that it really needed to be done.

MOS on the other hand, re-did an origin of Superman, but did it in a different way. We can argue all we want about which was better, but at the end of the day, they tried something different, and that's what is important to me with reboots: They have to bring something new. Otherwise I don't see the point.

But at the end of the day, as I've said before (and Danoyse has said as well) all that matters is that they make a good movie. That's all I want. If they keep making good movies, I don't care if they churn out 50 X-men films.

my veiws on Raimi's Spider-man
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
here
just scoll down

X-men Short film:

http://vimeo.com/41530049