View Single Post
Old 11-15-2013, 01:00 AM   #64
Smashlilman
Ouch!!!!

Default Re: Man of Steel vs Thor TDW, seen 'em both, what do you folks think ? Compare/contra

Quote:
Originally Posted by daddydivine View Post
I see many comments about how emotional MOS was... I think MOS tried to have an emotional impact and failed. I think the romance between Supes and Lois was beyond silly. I think without Clark Kent providing a little levity the movie wants to pass itself off as a drama and fails.

TTDW doesnt take itself very seriously so the flaws dont effect the general audience as much.

All that aside I do wish Marvel would start a brand of movies with a more serious tone. Maybe some street level heroes or a Dr. Strange movie. Because even though I love the Marvel approach and their movies have a comic book feel they all are starting to use the same formula.

So its TTDW that doesnt take itself seriously and just makes a fun movie or MOS that tries to take itself seriously and fails.

TTDW by miles.
How was the relation ship silly. Superman is good looking, handsome, and a 30 year old virgin. Lois maybe like the second girl ever that he let get close to him. Him falling for lois makes since. Lois almost died 3 times in mos. Every time she would be on deaths door and she would be thinking "OMG this is it i'm going to die" Superman would show up and save here life. So from her point of view this Handsome and sexy guy with god like powers is constantly saving my life like an guardian Angel and he's always there for me when I need him.

It's basically like an extreme version of this story.

Woman Falls In Love With Man Who Saved Her Life
http://www.insideedition.com/headlin...saved-her-life
Quote:
She now works in a local hospital and wasted no time thanking the first responders. She even revisited the ambulance where she fought for her life.

Then, something magical happened. Love entered her life in the most unexpected way from Cameron Hill, the firefighter who just knew she would make it. Sparks started flying and the two hit it off. What did she see in Hill? A handsome guy who came to her rescue.

Dohme told Alexander, "Completely the biggest crush on anybody I have ever had in my entire life."

Loki: i have an army
Tony Stark: we have a hulk!
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Last edited by Smashlilman; 11-15-2013 at 01:08 AM.
Smashlilman is offline   Reply With Quote