View Single Post
Old 11-15-2013, 04:39 PM   #125
The Original Bamfer
Big, Bald and Beautiful!

Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - - - - - - Part 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell2ThaIzzay View Post
Thats not what I asked though. I asked how Origins contradicted X2 and none of that is a contradiction. Its one man's subjective opinion about the film.
First off, I'm glad you can recognize when others are being subjective.

This film was based off of X1 and X2's flashbacks and details given by Stryker. Not only did Stryker look nothing like his same-time counterpart in X2, Sabretooth was absolutely nothing like his X1 counterpart in appearance or character. Adamantium, as we knew from pervious films and said directly by Stryker himself is indestructible when cooled and solidified, and was proven when Wolverine fought Deathstryke. That was thrown out the window with the adamantium bullet. In X2, Stryker said he gave Logan claws, suggesting he had no bone claws, but he did in this movie. He also told Logan that he was an animal before the procedure, when in Origins, he was really quite the softie. Cyclops' abilities were improperly displayed - in X1, we saw that the optic beams hit the ruby quartz directly and constantly, but in this film, he wore a pair of assumed ruby quartz shades that were open on the sides and transparent, clearly showing there was no constant flow of optic blasts. Plus, they displayed it as a fire/heat-inducing laser (both when he was attacked by Victor and when his ability was used by Deadpool,) when that has never - even in the comics - been what his optic beams are. And since when was Stryker's base a very large waterfall's height above sea level when it was very specifically below ground in X2?

Those are just some of the things I've recalled off the top of my head.