View Single Post
Old 11-15-2013, 08:39 PM   #785
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Default Re: Thor 2: Rotten Tomato Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnaroknroll View Post
Critics are definitely tired of CBMs and getting crankier with every new release. There are more and more CBM's every year and they are forced to review them all. I rolled my eyes at many of the criticisms about this film as they lament the state of Hollywood or assault the material the story and characters are based on.

In the end, it's the GA that pays the bills though.
I don't think they are tired of CBMs. The Avengers/The Dark Knight Rises got a really high scores last year, The Amazing Spider-Man is not even that good and it still got 73%. This year, Iron Man 3 got a decent score despite the lukewarming response here.

I just don't think most critics based their score on visual effects, set pieces, scope and action sequences ALONE. They focus more on the story, script and character development, especially those things usually don't better through time. Visual effects, set pieces, action sequences and scope will get better and bigger through time because of technology, but story? script? character development? Its totally in the hands of the filmmaker.

"Once you cage the beast, the beast gets angry" - X3
"Patience isn't my strongest suit" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote