View Single Post
Old 11-17-2013, 10:11 AM   #23
Spider-Fan
The First Avenger Mod!!!
SHH! Global Moderator

Default Re: The Director of THOR 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
Despite it's flaws, I quite enjoyed Thor: The Dark World and felt it was a step above from the first movie. However given the onslaught of rumours about production troubles, Marvel being unhappy with Alan Taylor, a replaced composer and Taylor openly being unhappy about the mid-credits scene and other stuff, it's unlikely he'll be asked to helm the third movie. Plus he's probably directing the Terminator reboot for 2015, which would probably get in the way of another Thor.

Based on release patterns, I'll take a guess and say Thor 3 will hit cinemas 2016. But who do you want to direct? Taylor? Branagh back? Someone else? My personal vote goes to Francis Lawrence - director of I Am Legend and the upcoming Hunger Games sequels, which look fantastic. What about you?
Lawrence is a mediocre filmmaker. I'd rather they look for someone better.

I too doubt Taylor will be back. Seems that tensions were on during post on Thor 2. As much as I liked the 1st Thor, I'd rather see a 3rd director than see Branagh come back. No disrespect to Branagh. He did a great job with the st film, but Taylor did creative things to expand the world of Asgard in 2, so I'd like to see a 3rd director come in and get a chance to do the same.

Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote