View Single Post
Old 11-17-2013, 01:26 PM   #335
Senator Pleasury
Banned User

Default Re: What's So Bad About Superman Returns?

Quote:
Originally Posted by charl_huntress View Post
It's okay for a Superman movie to have gratuitous violence and kissing of Lois Lane. That's what ALL Superman movies should have. The successful ones have it in loads.
But even in STM they had a date before kissing. And even so, they didn't get to kiss.

In MOS the kiss felt like that Rachel Dawes-Bruce Wayne kiss. Out of the blue, because executives apparently asked for one.

Quote:
That's the problem. It's so different it doesn't make sense for a Superman story. It especially doesn't make sense if Singer was actually trying to follow the Donner films, which he said he really wasn't. He just used it as a template to tell some weird story that didn't actually fit.
SR follows STM and SII. Vaguley because it doesn't refer to absolutely everything that happened there (specially SII).

Now, how doesn't it make sense?

Quote:
While that may be innovative that is not a story that's going to excite anyone about Superman's Return after a 20 year wait.
That's personal opinion. A superhero movie's romance that's about forgiveness and huge mistakes that don't have a solution sounds immediately more adult and mature than the average boy-meets-girl romance we get in every superhero movie.

Now, I'm discussing the movie. Making a sequel after 26 years is certainly a huge risk.

Quote:
At this point, I been having this same debate for 6 years on SHH. So we are not going to agree and I'm okay with that. I actually don't' even remember SR anymore. I've only seen it once and will never see it again. I have watched MOS at least 20 times now. That to me proves which is the better film. Gratuitous kissing of Lois Lane or not.... Hell I actually thought it was a smart choice to have them kiss at that time. It was a perfect even though destruction was everyone...lol
The kiss came out of nowhere. Wasn't any different than that last minute kiss in Batman Begins or Thor. A shame since that was the most interesting Lois ever shown and one of the most interesting love interests in years in the genre.

And well, if you saw SR once, then I can't expect you to remember everything. But at least see it twice, just to make sure you dislike it.

Senator Pleasury is offline   Reply With Quote