View Single Post
Old 11-17-2013, 01:11 PM   #336
charl_huntress
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

Default Re: What's So Bad About Superman Returns?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Pleasury View Post
But even in STM they had a date before kissing. And even so, they didn't get to kiss.

In MOS the kiss felt like that Rachel Dawes-Bruce Wayne kiss. Out of the blue, because executives apparently asked for one.
That kiss did not feel that way to me, but whatever the case may be...it worked in spades. Not everyone likes it, but those who do LOVE it. I am on the side of those who LOVED it. It was a highlight of the film for me and EVERY single women I have spoken to feels the same way.

I have always said that a good Superman film HAS to have a good Lois/Supes relationship because men are not the only ones who like Superman and women want to see him kiss Lois. We have our needs too

Quote:
SR follows STM and SII. Vaguley because it doesn't refer to absolutely everything that happened there (specially SII).

Now, how doesn't it make sense?
It doesn't follow the story because he PICKED which elements he wanted to keep instead of following the story. Singer said in some interview that this is what he did. He didn't feel he had to follow it exactly and that he could take license with certain things, or change them completely. If that was the case, why not just make your own movie? I am still perplexed by what he even thought he was achieving with the character, and chalk it up to he does not really know Superman as a character, but identifies with certain elements of him that HE enjoys and then he made this movie wanting to highlight just those elements.

Quote:
That's personal opinion. A superhero movie's romance that's about forgiveness and huge mistakes that don't have a solution sounds immediately more adult and mature than the average boy-meets-girl romance we get in every superhero movie. Now, I'm discussing the movie. Making a sequel after 26 years is certainly a huge risk.
And now we have MOS to wash that away because it was a BAD risk and it cost him.

Quote:
The kiss came out of nowhere. Wasn't any different than that last minute kiss in Batman Begins or Thor. A shame since that was the most interesting Lois ever shown and one of the most interesting love interests in years in the genre.

And well, if you saw SR once, then I can't expect you to remember everything. But at least see it twice, just to make sure you dislike it.
That kiss did not come out of no where. He had been wanting to kiss her and she him. They kept showing that during the whole movie with the long yearning looks and hand holding.

While it's good to be unique in some things this is not one of those instances. Sometimes you need the tropes. They aren't bad because everyone else does them too.

No, I will NEVER watch SR again. I already know I don't like it. I will watch Superman: Brainiac Attacks before I watch SR again. I don't need to rewatch it to know I'm not going to change my mind.

Last edited by charl_huntress; 11-17-2013 at 01:36 PM.
charl_huntress is offline   Reply With Quote