View Single Post
Old 11-17-2013, 04:40 PM   #794
Suzanne78
I AM GROOT!

Default Re: Thor 2: Rotten Tomato Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
Cap has a lot of heart, great acting, an excellent score, is really strong in terms of character work, and a good 80s action adventure throwback feel. Bland is the last way I would describe it. Every time I see it, I appreciate it more. My favorite from Phase 1, alongside The Avengers.

It is amazing how defense of a film turns into a bash fest of others. It is why I have been avoiding the top threads at this point. Not a lot of discussion to be had.
Requoting your entire post because, basically, this. This x100. CA:TFA worked in large part, though the action was lacking, the story was really strong, Steve Rogers was a unique hero (little angst, no daddy issues, just wanted to be soldier, etc.) and the characters were great, IMO. Sure, there were weak spots, but that film has a ton of heart.

But I also really, really loved Thor:TDW too! I do wish the RT score for this movie was higher; I thought it was just awesome. If only for every scene involving Loki alone…

Last edited by Suzanne78; 11-17-2013 at 04:45 PM.
Suzanne78 is offline   Reply With Quote