View Single Post
Old 11-17-2013, 07:40 PM   #341
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Default Re: What's So Bad About Superman Returns?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GremlinZilla89 View Post
It tries to have tones of heart, but it's too busy trying to straight up feel like a Donner film the whole thing ends up feeling largely hollow and like an expensive copycat.

But, I'm glad you find the heart in it.
Again I cant agree, as its the heart and emotion of the story that keeps me coming back to watch the movie 7 years later. The whole movies theme is alienation, so there is bound to be emotional scenes for Superman in the movie and we get plenty of that. Its other things that were the problem IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Pleasury View Post
Of course they changed things. They also changed things for SR (respect to STM) so that's why i find funny people have problems with one and not the other.
But with SR they used exact lines, story beats and character moments from STM. MOS didnt resort to that, so I can see why people are more accepting of that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Pleasury View Post
Now what you say about the two Jokers is very interesting because they had the exact same purpose. They were very similar, except that Batman had no problems with killing in B89, which made a difference in Nicholson's Joker, since there's no point in trying to make Batman kill.
Well two different interpretations of the same character ARE going to have similarities, but for me MOS Zod was different enough from Stamp Zod to make things interesting and not feel like a re-tread.

1)X-Men: DOFP-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(4)Captain America: TWS-9(5)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(6)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(7)Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(8)Godzilla-8(9)Neighbours-8(10)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(11)Lego Movie-7.5(12)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(13)Robocop-7.5(14)Sin City: ADTDF-7(15)300:ROAE-7(16Million Ways To Die In The West-7(17)47 Ronin-6(18)Monuments Men-5(19)Ride Along-5(20)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote