View Single Post
Old 11-18-2013, 12:00 AM   #71
Batmannerism
Side-Kick

Default Re: Man of Steel vs Thor TDW, seen 'em both, what do you folks think ? Compare/contra

Nice post Bruce Begins

Box office success is always food for thought, but if it was measure of a film's
worth, then Serenity (the Firefly film) would be one of the worst movies of all time, as well as other "cult-classics' whose truth brilliance wasn't discovered during their cinematic run.

I would suggest some foolishness by WB execs, or conspiracy by Marvel/Disney, but really I don't have to, who cares ?

Thor TDW, is a fun film, great visuals some cool action and a few laughs.

MOS is a journey we take with the main character, from his birth,
to his final acknowledgement of his place in the world.

At every turn he struggles, both inwardly, with confusion about who he really is and why he is unique (a Man of Steel in a world of balsa wood), and outwardly with forces that seek to destroy him and everything he stands for.

All in all, I really enjoyed Thor TDW, but it isn't anywhere near the journey that MOS is. The Avengers is good fun too, but the characters are pretty much cardboard cut-outs.

So while Thor TDW and the Avengers might earn more $$$ from audiences
(btw, some truly crap films have made a killing at the box office, like Twilight, or the Transformers sequels) MOS is a far superior product, and rivals the Nolan DK trilogy for its examination and deconstruction of the main character.

That may be IMO, but I suspect there are a few others around who would agree.

cheers.

Batmannerism is offline   Reply With Quote