View Single Post
Old 11-18-2013, 07:15 AM   #72
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Default Re: Man of Steel vs Thor TDW, seen 'em both, what do you folks think ? Compare/contra

Honestly, I don't even bother comparing MOS's Box Office intake with a lot of the films that I've seen it piled against, namely because of the fact that a lot of the films that people have stacked it against are mainly sequels of established and popular franchises.

"Man of Steel" is meant to be the beginning of both Superman's own franchise and the launch pad for DC's new cinematic universe. "The Avengers" had 5 films established before it and was the cultivation of 4 years in the making. Iron Man 3 and Thor 2 are sequels to their respective characters and both came out, riding the success of the Avengers as well.

If I wanted to compare MOS with other comic book films based on BO intake in a fair basis, I'd do so with actual origin films..Thor 1, Iron man 1, Batman Begins, Hulk, Green Lantern, etc.

MOS, in terms of origin films for a comic book genre superhero, is the second highest grossing reboot film as far as I'm aware of, just behind "The Amazing Spider-Man", and third highest grossing for an origin film, with both TASM and the original Spider-Man film above it.

If anyone thought that Nolan's association with the character would instantly bring a billion dollars worth of revenue to the film, then they were truly kidding themselves.

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote