View Single Post
Old 11-18-2013, 12:04 PM   #12
roach
I am the night

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - Part 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by theShape View Post
Not sure I get where you're coming from.

If MOS had been titled "Superman", then Superman vs. Batman makes sense for a follow up film. But since WB/DC followed in the footsteps of TDK by titling the film Man of Steel (which along with The Dark Knight are words that have long been used to describe the characters), World's Finest is a fitting title.

It's also a more fitting title for a film that has the potential to be a classic, compared to BvS which sounds more like a stunt or event title.
You want the title of your movie to excite people and generate a mental picture. As comic book fans we see World's Finest we picture Batman and Superman together. From the GA standpoint when they hear World's Finest they don't immediately think of Batman and Superman…they could be thinking of chocolate or coffee or any of the various companies that market products under the title World's Finest.
So if I was to go up to any random non-comic reading person in the street and said:
"Warner Bros. is making a World's Finest Movie"
or
"Warner Bros. is making a Batman vs Superman movie"
Which would get people's attention more?

You can't judge a film's screenplay until you read the screenplay.

Last edited by roach; 11-18-2013 at 12:09 PM.