View Single Post
Old 11-18-2013, 12:33 PM   #36
theShape
Creature of Darkness

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - Part 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post
but yet we still has Man of Steel posters with the title Man of Steel and Henry Cavill dressed as Superman and the big \S/ glyph….thats kind of redundant…or the Batman begins poster with Batman on it and the title Batman Begins with the Bat symbol. Redundancy is not a bad thing in marketing.
Man of Steel is not Superman's name. You didn't see his name on every poster, simply because it wasn't needed. People know what Superman looks like and what his symbol stands for. So my point is, if World's Finest was the title of the movie, you wouldn't have people staring dumbfounded at the poster since it would likely feature those two iconic symbols and even images of the characters.

BB had Batman in the title because A) it was stressing that we would finally see the beginning of Batman and B) after B&R it would've been especially hard to market a new Batman movie without his name in the title. Once Nolan had re-established Batman on film (like Snyder did with Supes), he made the bold move of titling the next film The Dark Knight...which did not have Batman's name in the title and went on to become one of the biggest movies ever.

I just don't see why after the title Man of Steel was used that they need to go back to having Superman and Batman's name in the title. I also don't see how anyone could say World's Finest is a "silly" title.