View Single Post
Old 11-18-2013, 01:11 PM   #58
roach
I am the night

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - Part 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Goblin View Post
The Avengers was called the Avengers.

They can use the name World's Finest. People here need to stop treating the GA as mindless zombies. They will know it has Batman/Superman in it because they will be in the TV Spots, Trailers and Posters. Man Of Steel and The Dark Knight didn't have their respective hero's name in the trailer but the GA knew they were Batman and Superman movies.
Avengers was called Avengers because that was the name of the team…just like FF was called FF cause that was the name of the team…and X-Men was called X-men because that was the name of the team. World's Finest is not the name of the team..it is the name of the comic book.
Everything about this movie should market this movie alone…by itself. Yes there will trailers and posters but the title of this movie should BY ITSELF be able to market this movie. World's Finest does not do this.
If You see the word "Pepsi" without a bottle or the red white and blue circle…you think soda. You don't confuse it with anything else. World's Finest does not make people automatically think of Batman and Superman…it's not that they are stupid…it's that it's not commonly associated with the two characters outside of the comic/cartoon watching public.
The title of a movie can make or break a film…there are a lot of people who believe that if "John Carter" was called "John Carter of Mars" it would have made more money.

You can't judge a film's screenplay until you read the screenplay.