View Single Post
Old 11-19-2013, 11:59 PM   #30
Dasher10
Side-Kick

Default Re: We Need an X-Factor film

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
Some of those are feasible.

I really don't know why they were so specific in X1 with Xavier's age when he met Magneto. He didn't need to say 'when i was 17', it's just not good to get so specific because it comes back to bite you in the butt later. He could have said 'when i was young(er)' or 'a long time ago.' I don't know if just overdubbing 'younger' over '17' might work, or if it would look too obvious.

I don't know if they would go to the expense of reshooting that X3 opening scene with Xavier and Mags at the Grey household. It could be that the DoFP's viral website gives a clue to getting round that (and Xavier standing at the end of Origins) when it mentions artificial limbs or whatever in the timeline.

Origins Emma could be a clone, or Frost's daughter.

It's a little bit tangled and messy, but I think DoFP is trying to clear the decks and establish what's in, what's out and what can be explained away.
And of course, what just gets retconned because Bryan Singer is known for being unhappy with it like Cyclops dieing and the whole Deadpool fiasco. I mean, If Famke Janssen, James Marsden and Ryan Reynolds were unhappy with X3 and XMO then that's a sign that bringing back Striker is a really good decision. If he dies in DOFP, most things that everyone hated will have never occurred. Like if somebody more conflicted headed Weapon X like Abraham Cornelius, Deadpool will still be able to talk and Fantomex may appear. And there may still be some ineptitude without Stryker like Gambit being turned into a walking bomb, dieing and being cloned by Sinister over and over again as a slave. I want the new timeline to have some "nice job breaking it, Wolverine" moments.

Last edited by Dasher10; 11-20-2013 at 12:06 AM.
Dasher10 is offline   Reply With Quote