View Single Post
Old 11-20-2013, 12:27 PM   #80
theShape
Creature of Darkness

Default Re: Ben Affleck IS Batman - Part 10

I can still vividly remember when Heath Ledger was cast as the Joker. I was so shocked and actually very upset, simply because I couldn't see it at all. He was the last person I ever would have imagined would be cast as the ****ing Joker, arguably one of the best villains EVER in all entertainment mediums.

Well, we all know how that turned out. Once the first teasers trickled in, I was already sold and beyond excited. He delivered in every way possible. I had a similar reaction upon hearing Ben's casting (shock and anger), but I quickly calmed down and got behind the idea. There's a definite wait-and-see approach that is necessary here, but as I've said, it reassures me that the filmmakers believe in him enough to make this bold casting choice.

What reassures me even further is that Ben believes in himself enough to accept this daunting role which comes with such baggage and responsibility to legions of fans around the world. Remember, this is the last thing he NEEDED to do. Coming off a Best Picture Oscar win as a director with lots of Hollywood clout, he's signed on to play Batman. If he's confident in himself and thinks he is right for this role, then there's little I can do but be confident in him as well.

I just can't wait to see how this all turns out. I think it's a bit strange how negative some fans have been about the whole thing. It's going to be a real exciting time.