View Single Post
Old 11-20-2013, 09:27 PM   #100
InJustice
Side-Kick

Default Re: Ben Affleck IS Batman - Part 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach2012 View Post
It's a minor visual difference that would look awesome. Batman always has the eyes in comics and animation, how is it trivial and unnecessary to want him to look like the comics? YOU'RE trivial and unnecessary!
You just said it's minor and could not state a legitimate reason for implementation (see: Shikamaru's post below, he presented intimidation as a possible reason to implement white-eyes). If it's minor, and you recognize it as such, then what's the point of implementing it? Furthermore, just because the comics did it, it doesn't mean that it's always going to work out on film.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru View Post
They make Batman look less human and more like a bat demon, which is the whole idea behind dressing up as Batman.
But the precedent was already set by B1989, Returns, and Batman Begins. Where it showed that one doesn't really need white-eyes to be intimidating/inhuman/demonic. Thus, one can conclude that it's not a central visual difference. Hence, that's why I think it's not necessary (the films I mentioned either played on fear of the unknown, or the demonic imagery through mannerisms/costuming).

I just think it's something that wouldn't translate well to film as opposed to comics.