View Single Post
Old 11-22-2013, 12:43 PM   #100
BatFan1979
The Fan Batman Needs...

Default Re: The Batsuit Thread - Part 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBat812 View Post
Astro - No because the majority of his attire serves a true function.

As to the rest, my point is that the trunks are completely useless functionally, do not look good in a modern context, and only serve to make Bruce look even more insane than he already is. so please explain to me why having trunks is better than not having trunks in a logical intelligent way so I can understand why people are so adamant about it. Otherwise it will continue to be viewed as simpleminded fanboy ism to many many posters. If you're okay with that then fine but I'd like to think there's at least some thought behind it. Because bathead, no it's not the same to intentionally keep something that looks stupid as it is to remove it because it adds absolutely nothing to his look or character, and I'm honestly baffled people would actually think that.
I agree wholeheartedly - even in that "unrealistic universe", I can't believe that a billionaire, wanting to dress like a bat and fight crime, would design and wear a suit that had trunks. How would he have arrived at this look? It doesn't have to be explained in the movie, but I'd think a decision like that would have needed to be made logically - I just don't see that happening with the inclusion of such an antiquated look.