View Single Post
Old 11-22-2013, 01:50 PM   #119
Infinity9999x
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Batsuit Thread - Part 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBat812 View Post
Definitely. I guess personally from a characterization standpoint I don't think a highly intelligent man like Bruce would come to the conclusion that to terrify criminals he needs to break up suit tonally, least of all in the form of underwear. What I meant by modern context is that maybe that made sense in the 1930s, but it makes no sense to me in today's time.
Trying to apply "sense" to a comic book costume is foolish to begin with, which is my entire point on this. It would make no sense to wear a cape, and it would result in Bruce's death the second he got in a fight. It doesn't make sense to leave your mouth exposed, it doesn't make sense to have giant ears on the top of your head that could get caught on things. And it doesn't really make sense to have differently colored trunks.

The suit was created entirely because someone liked the way it looks. That's it. Trying to apply practicality to it is useless. We can all try to come up with reasons why he should or shouldn't have a certain detail on the suit, but it's really pointless.

When it comes down to it, the only real point we can make about aspects of the costumes is what we think looks the most aesthetically pleasing, or compliments the design the most effectively.

my veiws on Raimi's Spider-man
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
here
just scoll down

X-men Short film:

http://vimeo.com/41530049