View Single Post
Old 11-22-2013, 10:43 PM   #16
shauner111
Side-Kick

Default Re: Nolanís Batman Should Be in the Man of Steel Sequel

Don't be so mean guys. Yes, it's a little late in the game for a topic like this but i was one of the main people on this board back in the spring/summer, coming up with very similar ways to bring Bale back.

Now i feel different as i honor the end of the trilogy and see that MOS has to work with a different batman. Im also down with Batfleck.

But for old times sake, sure...

All you would have to do is bring Bruce back in Gotham when he sees the Zod announcement + all the chaos in Metropolis. Blake is Nightwing and the city in some ways has a higher spirit within their people since Batman's death. They visit his monument every chance they get too. But at the same time the city is slowly going back to the days of organized crime. You can even say that Arkham patients are in the process of being rounded up by Gordon and Blake's Nightwing (see the Rises novelization).

Say Bruce comes back and has left Selina in Italy. He's not sure where he stands with her anymore. But one thing is for sure...he's paranoid as hell about this "Superman". He doesnt trust that Blake has enough training to take care of Gotham AND a possible alien threat. This insults Blake to no end and doesn't want any part of Bruce's obsession with Clark especially since Nightwing is on Superman's side. He likes his way of doing things. He's also not sure if this vigilante business is for him anymore so he leaves the cave.

Bruce sees that Gotham is alone but he's not willing to return as the Batman anymore. For him, it's in his past. Until we see some TDKReturns moments where he keeps getting nightmares which include his parents. His paranoia increases. Fox has retired since so he's all alone and this is where "the world's greatest detective" really starts to shine. He's semi-retired (as the new rumors state) and he's created bat-drones to patrol the city in the year that's passed since the events of MOS.

When he decides to become batman again, in a new suit (created by HIM)...a more traditional batmobile (created by himself too), it's all because of Superman. He draws him out.

Im starting to believe that this idea was created around the time MOS was dropping or a little earlier. And they were courting Bale for it. He said no so they went with Affleck and started building ways to create new things for a more Kingdom Come meets Animated Series direction such as the suit and "Dick Grayson"/Diana Prince. You never know maybe the bat-drones were created with the premise of the story when they were throwing as much money as they could at Bale too. It's not hard to see the connection. I mean...we have a early 40s Bruce Wayne who is semi-retired with a young adult Nightwing.

Last edited by shauner111; 11-22-2013 at 10:46 PM.
shauner111 is offline   Reply With Quote