View Single Post
Old 11-22-2013, 11:37 PM   #21
shauner111
Side-Kick

Default Re: Nolanís Batman Should Be in the Man of Steel Sequel

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Drangal View Post
I'm totally against connecting TDKT with MOS, but the way you're developping your thing, I start to ask myself too if WB wasn't planning to do it this way. All the element we know for the moment are there. The older Batman, a young adult sidekick,... I remember they were saying Superman was the first hero of this universe, and taking Batman from TDKT, in the last installement he was starting to be just an urban legend before his return, so it was still possible to play with a Batman already there but operating in the shadow.
Good call, but even if WB was really up for a similar approach, I still think it's not a good idea. This trilogy was a sort of elseworld, and giving a continuity to it is the best manner to destroy the thematics treated in it.
I agree, for sure. It's best left alone and it gives them ways to do more solo films for Batman. They can also smoothly introduce all these different sci-fi elements to Bats without explaining why Bruce has to come to Gotham, etc.

But i just think it's true. Going after Bale was all about money but Goyer had the premise down for a while so that's why i think they went for him and probably didn't mind rebooting because they could stick with the same premise. It just works for Bale and Affleck too, with some adjustments to make it more comic booky (which fits MOS more obviously).

I bet they would have left the solo movie idea on the shelf and just used Bale/JGL and maybe somebody like Oldman for a cameo. Had him come back cuz of Superman, falling out with Blake, creates drones to patrol Gotham, leaves for Metropolis to finally put a new suit on. It's rather easy. You do the same things with Lex, Lois, Diana whatever. Keep Bale as Batman for team-up movies only. Done.

But now they have a way to do so much more so they could care less.

shauner111 is offline   Reply With Quote