View Single Post
Old 11-23-2013, 10:17 AM   #627
ArmsHeldOut
Peak Human

Default Re: Batman Physique Thread

Found some interesting quotes on CBM:

David Fincher (director of Gone Girl) on Affleck's physique:

"I'm trying to keep him at the size he's at right now until he's done with us (GONE GIRL where he plays a suburban dad). I'm sure he's working out but I think for him, he's probably a guy that builds up really quickly so I just kind of asked him if he can stay where he's at right now. He's a really big guy, like he's quite tall. You don't realize how big he is. He kind of reads smaller on film than he does in real life."

Recent tweet from Rejan Jalali (Affleck's professional trainer):

"Ben Affleck's Batman body: getting too pumped up for current role! Good prob to have-We'll cut back a lil! Lol"

Eonline article:

Dear Ben Affleck—please don't bulk up for Batman too much.

At least not while you're still filming Gone Girl.

The upcoming caped crusader has been asked to refrain from working out too much while making the much-anticipated thriller.

"I'm trying to keep him at the size he's at right now until he's done with us," Gone Girl costume designer Trish Summerville told me at the Catching Fire premiere in L.A. "I'm sure he's working out but I think for him, he's probably a guy that builds up really quickly so I just kind of asked him if he can stay where he's at right now."

Rumors that he could have been hitting the gym pretty hard took off late last month after photographers snapped a seemingly muscled up Affleck while out for chores with his daughter Violet.

"He's a really big guy, like he's quite tall," Summerville said. "You don't realize how big he is. He kind of reads smaller on film than he does in real life."

John Dryden, Absalom and Achitophel