View Single Post
Old 11-23-2013, 11:06 AM   #30
shauner111
Side-Kick

Default Re: Nolanís Batman Should Be in the Man of Steel Sequel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce_Begins View Post
We are supposedly getting a Batman who is -

* Experienced and world weary, operating from his BatCave.

* Keeping an eye on Gotham City through surveillance.

* Using Bat-robots to maintain law and order in Gotham.

If we look at the rough direction they want Ben Affleck's Batman to take...It looks like it could be sequel to TDKR (by making some modifications)

I mean.. if Nolan's Batman were to return to Gotham and maintain a minimum contact with the outside world, he will act like.. what is Goyer is hinting at for Batman Vs Superman movie.
My exact thoughts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach2012 View Post
If you believe the drone rumors, you should believe the Dick Grayson rumors too. It doesn't make sense for Grayson to exist in the Nolanverse, Blake is their version of ROBIN. There's no chance of these two being connected, i can't believe people are even entertaining this idea
That's true about Grayson but that's why i think they swapped Blake for Grayson once they knew for sure that Bale wasn't returning and had to "reinvent".

It just sounds to me like Goyer had this premise for a while "OK guys we have Bruce retired, hiding out in the cave doing surveillance work with drones that he's created. He's back in Gotham after the alien invasion. He has a falling out with Blake over this paranoia. He goes to Metropolis and it all begins with Superman. Maybe we'll bring Diana in for a cameo".

There's your premise. Bale and Nolan say no so they make tiny adjustments. The exact same premise except replace Blake with Grayson, it's a new world so Bruce is semi-retired since he's been batman non-stop for over a decade. He's still in the public as Bruce Wayne so we'll add a love interest when he arrives in Metropolis. Everything else stays the same.

Then the question is, which one is better? The new version with Affleck fits more smoothly.

shauner111 is offline   Reply With Quote