View Single Post
Old 11-24-2013, 12:00 PM   #30
roach
I am the night

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - Part 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DA_Champion View Post
You've set up a false dichotomy. The scene definitely adds to Batman Begins, that doesn't mean that Batman Begins would have sucked without it.

I mean, really?

The point of Batman Begins is in the title, "Batman Begins". That includes the world of Batman. That scene would have been an excellent scene even if no sequel had ever been made. It says that Batman will have to keep on fighting for a long time at a minimum and meet all sorts of exotic rogues.

As evidence, I submit that it is the kind of ending that a lot of fans wanted for... The Dark Knight Rises. They wanted to know that Batman would keep on fighting.
The discussion was not about whether BB would have sucked without the Joker card…the discussion was that the tease showed a greater universe while teasing what to come…much like a WW and Flash cameo would do in this movie.

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in today’s protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You don’t like a story? That’s fine – don’t read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan