View Single Post
Old 11-24-2013, 01:43 PM   #40
Tempest
Life is a cookie

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skrilla31 View Post
The X-Men are a team, not a superteam. It isn't a crossover, it's its own thing. The X-Men are a team. The Avengers are a superteam.

Simple question. Assume they had made Avengers right after the first Iron Man movie in place of Iron Man 2. No solo franchises, no crossover. Just a flat out Iron Man sequel featuring Cap, Thor and Hulk. Would it have been just as good? Do you think it would have been equally as successful?

As for Superman... one of the biggest criticisms of MOS was that it's main character felt underdeveloped and underutilized. I'm sorry but that's a legitimate concern for a lot of people. We barely even got to know Clark. And now before he can even stretch his legs, he's sharing the screen with Batman and god knows who else. Again, it just feels imposed.
I'm sorry, I was unaware this was a Justice League movie. I have heard rumors (as in unsubstantiated claims) that WW, the Flash, and Nightwing will be in this film.

So sorry, your comparison doesn't work here.

Also, we know Clark. We didn't get to see Clark the Facade (as in the mask he puts on to deflect attention from his similarities to Superman). But we did get to know Clark. There's a big difference between the two.