View Single Post
Old 11-24-2013, 06:10 PM   #77
smallville fan
Hero

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skrilla31 View Post
As for Superman... one of the biggest criticisms of MOS was that it's main character felt underdeveloped and underutilized. I'm sorry but that's a legitimate concern for a lot of people. We barely even got to know Clark. And now before he can even stretch his legs, he's sharing the screen with Batman and god knows who else. Again, it just feels imposed.
Not really, they planned Batman to show up in MOS 2 long before MOS had its first review, so it wouldn't feel imposed at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
"20. Zack Snyder
Whenever a studio executive needs a reboot of something and his sole creative direction is "Make it grittier!" Snyder is the dude they call. He'll totally bro up your Superman by sucking all the joy out of every frame and adding muscles. Big, ripply, 300-style muscles. Oh, did you want Superman to be a shining light of morality in a harsh and cruel world? Screw that candy-ass ****. Superbro is gonna crush some buildings and give zero ****s about collateral damage. Grittiness: unlocked.

Zack Snyder's signature recipe: Take one happy-go-lucky superhero, blast him with a fire hose of muck, then order him to brood or he gets the Kryptonite."

Read More http://www.gq.com/entertainment/cele...#ixzz2lbivLokQ

Drew Magary clearly wasn't impressed with the film, interesting way to go about all of this though. He could have just joined a forum and made a post like the rest. The funniest part is how it all comes down to Snyder. Looks like the stars aligned and drew found his opportunity.
Wow, what an ignorant little prick. He should really get his facts checked out. Superman's hardly "happy-go-lucky" in the modern era, not since the 70s-80s especially with the new 52 taking him back to his Golden Age personality as well as that he should check out "Death & Return of Superman" or "Kingdom Come". Honestly, why is it that there's some consensus belief that Superman's personality is akin to Captain Marvel's/Shazam's?

I'd like to give him a piece of my mind, can I have an email please?

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!: