View Single Post
Old 11-24-2013, 06:39 PM   #81
shauner111
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach2012 View Post
I'm so glad that it was grittier than the Marvel movies. They keep getting more and more childish, it sucks I don't want that! A lot of people disagree, but I think MOS and TDKT had the perfect amount of humor in their films
I agree! To me the humor is more natural while Marvel does have the odd funny, but it's overdone where i feel it's too childish or unnatural.

Why cant there be CBM's for adults?? There's enough of them to go around for decades to come, for the kids. Some Marvel movies have a good balance for all ages and im sure that's what we'll get from the Batfleck era. Even Burton's had that balance but Shumacher was all about the kids. Nolan's movies were definitely made for adults and the humor reflects that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach2012 View Post
All my non comic book friends hate Marvel movies and love MOS and TDKT for this reason. We're all adults, we have no interest in seeing movies aimed at ten year olds. TDKT and MOS just feel like more "adult" movies. But at the same time, kids can appreciate them. I think Marvel is underestimating their audience. Kids are going to see their movies regardless of whether there are dumb kid-aimed jokes or not.
Same here. Or the friends that enjoy comics but aren't so obsessed with reading them that they'd rather watch movies of them instead. I find they cant take how corny the old Supeman movies are or the current Marvel flicks but they enjoy TDKT and sometimes even MOS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallville fan View Post
Wow, what an ignorant little prick. He should really get his facts checked out. Superman's hardly "happy-go-lucky" in the modern era, not since the 70s-80s especially with the new 52 taking him back to his Golden Age personality as well as that he should check out "Death & Return of Superman" or "Kingdom Come". Honestly, why is it that there's some consensus belief that Superman's personality is akin to Captain Marvel's/Shazam's?

I'd like to give him a piece of my mind, can I have an email please?
ohhhhh please do!