View Single Post
Old 11-25-2013, 01:39 PM   #121
roach
I am the night

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by DA_Champion View Post
Roach,

Part of the reason I'm against cameos in this movie is that I resent the idea that a Batman vs Superman movie should be used to build up other movies. If anything, this is the movie that should be built up to. I think every second of screen time should be treated like a precious jewel. If, at any given point in the film, Snyder/Goyer have an opportunity to tease Flash or The Question or or Star Girl, I want them to use that opportunity to instead make Batman vs Superman more epic and more awesome than it already is. Don't worry about the next movie, just worry about this movie because it's the movie people have been waiting for a long time.

I know you might respond "but world building, but future profits ... " to which I answer: if Snyder hits a home run on Batman vs Superman, and makes a movie that tons and tons of people walk out of thinking "wow that was so awesome!" ... no further world-building is necessary. They will have audience goodwill up the wazoo.

This movie will automatically a great opening weekend because it's Batman vs Superman, and because Snyder knows how to make previews. If the movie rocks, it will automatically have a great second weekend, and so on and so forth.

To which you are no doubt again thinking, "ok, but if we have 30 seconds to introduce the Flash in Act Two" to which I reiterate "if you have 30 seconds, add depth to Batman and Superman and their supporting cast". Show a scene of Alfred applying bandages on Batman, or Superman and Lois doing research on Lex, etc.

Batman vs Superman should not be a vehicle to build some other monument to awesome, it is the monument to awesome.
They can't do both?

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan